Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Spring Fever

I think I am getting spring fever or something. All winter, I have been content with being mommy to Jensen in my little house with several feet of snow all around it outside. I'm not sure what did it, but I think it might have something to do with the picure of blooming crocuses my MIL sent me last week. I looked outside and thought, "are you kidding me"? Maybe that will be us in about two months but for now, it looks like the snow will be sticking around for a while yet! It's been a great winter and it went by surprisingly fast, considering that I wasn't really "busy" as many of you out there would define the word. But now, all of a sudden, I don't know what to do. Of course, there are all the normal, mundane things that I do every week but other than that, I'm not sure what to start next. I want to paint and redo the living room, bathroom and our bedroom but with the big shop project coming up, the house is just going to have to wait. I would like to work in my garden and flowerbeds but right now they are buried under at least a foot of snow! I could sew, but I'm not really sure what to sew. Mel, where is that fabric swatch so I can get working on a dress???? :) I could scrapbook, but I don't have any scrapbooks started right now and I'm not sure I really want to get started on that.
     In other news, I've been wanting to learn how to cook dried beans, since they are cheap and healthy. So the other day I found a recipe on the back of the bag of navy beans called "creole beans and shrimp". Needless to say, I've been the one eating those beans every day...my wonderful husband is not too sure about the whole bean thing! They aren't  that bad...but I'm not sure that I'm ready to give up my meat(protein) for beans (protein). Does anybody out there have a good bean recipe to share?

Here is another window that I finished a couple months ago...this isn't a very good picture but it was a 3 paned window that I painted with chalkboard paint and added some corkboard. I also painted the frame with the special "crackled" look, which you can't really see on the picture, but the frame wasn't painted and I wanted to give it an old look. Any ideas about anything else that I could do to this one? Oh, I am planning on adding about 3 hooks on the bottom edge of the frame.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, great post. I love the window idea!
    We are going fabric shopping this week (Thurs) so the swatch should be coming soon! Also, I think we finally nailed down a "for sure" date so I'll be sending you all a fb message before long...
    And, do you have the More with Less cookbook? They have a lot of awesome bean ideas. Lentils are great, too. Robin and I made a lentil stew last weekend that was YUMMY.
    And... I really think you should try sock knitting. It's addicting! I'd have 20 pairs made by now if I had a little more time!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete